Hummus! This snacky treat has found a home with Abigail and me over the last few weeks. She and I could probably sit down and eat an entire batch in one setting… I’ve been trying to stretch it to three times though! This recipe was my first attempt to make this yummy snack. I’m not sure how it compares to a normal hummus recipe or flavor, but this is simply outstanding! Whether you’ve never eaten this healthy dip or you’re a hummus-loving human, try this out and let me know what you think.
Spinach and Feta Hummus
- 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained with liquid saved and set aside
- 1/2 c. fresh spinach (I pack mine pretty tightly into a measuring cup)
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
Place all ingredients into a blender.
Depending on your desired consistency, add some of the liquid you drained from the can. I like to add between 1/3 and 1/2 of a cup. (You can add a little bit, blend, then add more if you need to.)
Blend until mixed thoroughly.
Serve immediately with crackers, pita bread, or veggies.
Store in airtight container in fridge.